Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day Before Yesterday!

It was just day before yesterday, to today, that is 18.01.2011. I wake up early around 7am, when I have slept pretty late the night before that. I wake up to realise, I just 25 more days to go before I turn 24, & as per my expectations I have loads to do, before I turn 24, to be able to look back in pride at my life.

I push myself hard. Switch on my new LENOVO Y560 laptop (4GB Ram, 2.5GB dedicated graphics card(PHEW!!! WHOA!!!), 500GB Hard Disk, Core i5 Processor, windows 7, 2.5GHz processor speed) & am awed by the feature which my previous laptop never had - the sticky notes. I just love them. I used to have them all over my table before. This time I had them all over my laptop home screen.

I realised, I had too many TO-DO lists on my home screen of the laptop. I realised I needed a separate to-do list for all to-do lists. There were whopping 160+ things to be completed, pretty sizeable in nature of tasks. Unbelievable multi-tasking, management including delegation, monitoring, doing things & getting things done. Prioritizing, accomplishing, co-ordinating, adjusting, handling, cancelling, scheduling, rescheduling, promoting, pushing, doing, getting it done, communicating, calling, typing, organising, updating, searching etc..

As I continued with the work, with my ear phones on, throughout the day, till afternoon and early evening till 4pm, I had continuous calls with associates all across. Calls, e-Mails, writing, reading, analysing, deciding, delegating... WHOA!!!

I just didnt want to lose focus at any point & kept myself reminded of the lists on the screen. As the day went by, the done list got longer and to-do seemed firm in length. Continuing the momentum, I just realised by the end of the day, which quite late in the night or rather early next day morning (close to 4.30 am - as it's almost going to be again tonight)I had completed 142 simple, medium & large size tasks!

A great day with supreme satisfaction & sleep with utmost peace & highly sound in nature was something I deserved as the day folded up. When I looked back over it in the reverse chronological order, I just realised & felt, if one day could add so much meaning to life, imagine what 27 days that remained before I turn 24 could do. And most surprisingly amidst all this, I did care to spend time on "FFF - friends, family & facebook. ~ Sujit Lalwani" :):):)

I recommend you all, to look into your days, weeks and months & see what can make you add more meaning to life. For, it's only together that we can bring in order, peace & harmony into this world, which is on the track of complete chaos, crime, disorder, disharmony & de-energized spirits...

TIDBIT: "you can be very successful if you just keep a track of -
"what to do & whats your TO-DO!" " ~ Sujit Lalwani


How was your day today? Does this blog have the power to influence your day today, tomorrow & many more days to come tomorrow...?

9 comments:

  1. All of us have always learnt from childhood that time lost cannot be recovered through various quotes, short stories , poems, parents and teachers, self help books etc etc but I don’t think any of them were successful in instilling the importance of time in us.. This blog has honestly opened a new dimension of thinking about time and accomplishments.. you have indeed shown how much is possible to accomplish in a day and how much more we should be doing as opposed to how much we are doing now. Thank you sir for this brilliant testimony to how productive one could make his/her day.. I also totally agree that TO-DO lists really help organize work.. I am deeply inspired by the way you handle things and will put in efforts to duplicate the same..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TANMAYIJI: i totally agree wit u mam... SUJITJI is an epitome of TIME MANAGEMENT whic v read so many times in several quotes bt had nt seen anybody followin it at such level... HATTS OFF TO U SIR... HATTS OFF TO U SIR... learnt a lot of things today from dis post sir... THANKS A LOT SIR...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog has come to me at the right time sir! Only 2 more days at Hyderabad and I have to get something done here before I leave. I'm gonna make my to-do list right away! Thanks a lot sir....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing laptop config sir! (especially 2.5GB graphic card plus core i5!!) Takes a lot (and means a lot) to OWN one.. Sounds realy good! Its worth working hard for

    ReplyDelete
  5. If ur one day todo list / done list can be written as a blog I am eager to read your autobiography sir in coming days !!!..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gm sir The Blog is Awesome, just i reinforced the value of doing what v can do and pushing ouself little bit better can change our life==>"MEANING FULL LIFE". God bless u sir!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy morning sir today i got my exam results(llb)passed i have learnt a lot from u,i declare myself to be lucky after meeting u several times as a new associate at the most of time,time management is most important to succeed i saw in my own eyes i learnt a lot from all the supportive team of yours iam happy that i was one among all.ur amazing ever seen before ur name itself is inspiration for me what ever u speak gives a motivation...........

    ReplyDelete
  8. A true inspiration. It took me a few days before i read this blog. Now that i have i will make sure that no time will pass by the way it used to. I do not know how i will manage with so many tasks the day i do have them but i know one thing the other blog which i read today said one thing very clearly. A start is needed. Trust me sir it starts fro this moment. Thank You so much sir. Always keep inspiring us. :)
    Mayank Malde

    ReplyDelete
  9. what i learnt or i can say i reminded myself after reading this one that each day when we go to sleep we must have satisfaction and a feel that a lot to do in next day with a relaxed mind

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback will be appreciated.