Thursday, February 19, 2009

We dont have enough freedom to do things.!!!

I am tired of hearing this from people - "I dont have enough freedom to do things that i want". My dear friends/readers who are victims of this situation in your life, please do look back and be honest to yourself, and see if you could work out ways to do what you want, in the freedom you already have. Its not that we do not have freedom, its that we have not been able to gather enough motivation to do something, and hence our visions which we spoke about, never turned into reality, hence we are unable to bear the burden of unaccomplishment on ourself and hence blame circumstances around us.

Lets take it my dear friend and accept, that if we wanted we could have done it, in the freedom that we get. Its not the boundations of the world that we suffer from, its the boundations on our mind, which kill our freedom. The solution, for this, or the key to this lock, is in our hands, until we release it, it will never get released. Thats why India is'nt moving forward. Every individual in some way or the other is not releasing his best and binding himself, with the thought of lack of freedom.

As far as women in our country are concerned, this is highly prominent, amongst the girls of middle class families, where girls have developed this notion, that they do not have freedom to move out or mingle with people, or spend as much as they want on things they want, hence they cannot make it big in life. Trust me, there are enough opportunities around, for all types of constraints, to make it big in life. Just that our quest is not enough. I met a lady, a couple of days ago, it was an experience with this person, where i realised the deadlock our indian youth fraternity is going through.

My question : " do you know there 6.5 million indian literates, and 3.5 million illiterate? even if 2 teach 1, we can be completely literate nation in a matter of a day or two. what have you done for the country so far?"
Answer from her: " I totally understand that, and i have always wanted to do, but my society and relatives at home and situations at home do not permit me enough, that i would be able to do something like this"
My reply: "Why do you think so?"
Her answer: "I dont have enough freedom."
My reply: " what have you done in the freedom you get?"
Her answer: ""
My reply: " thats where we need a correction "
her answer: " but how?"
my reply: "you were allowed to meet me for an hour right?"
her reply: "yes"
My reply: "your parents would scold you, if you said, i am going to the orphanage in the vicinity of our home, to teach two kids english for today, for just an hour, and i will be back on time? Your parents would have told you that you have become a sinner? right?"
her reply: " < i understood expression > "I understood sir" "
my reply: "lets move on"

Trust me its not constraints from people around us, that binds us, its the locks that we put on our actions that stops us from making it big - These locks are : "laziness", "purposelessness", "boredom","passionlessness" etc...

My dear fellow indians, lets break the barriers of these locks that we have put on ourselves and actually move out and start doing something, rather than complain of all the things we are unable to do. I am sure we will together build a great india for our forthcoming generations.

Jai hind!

PS : feel free to comment.

1 comment:

  1. Its indeed very true. Infact, i have also heard many guys telling this(girls ki to kya baat kare), ha ha ha:-) silly reason. Here, being in a small town, that too from a marwadi family, when i am able to manage, i guess everybody can manage,provided they are very strongly focused on what they want.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback will be appreciated.